We are seeking Licensed Practical Nurses for a variety of Contract LPN positions in New York & New Jersey.
Will be responsible for ensuring all assigned residents receive all medications, treatments, and nursing care as ordered. Supervises CNA’s on the unit, Follows the nursing care plan, utilizes nursing diagnosis for patients in cooperation with the supervisor and nursing personnel on the unit. Follows plan of care for residents. Maintains accurate informative records on all patients in the unit. Identify and report all real or potential problems regarding the development or administration of patient care. Records, reports, and interprets patient responses to treatment and care to appropriate members of the inter-disciplinary team. Identify any changes in patient conditions/needs and report to Supervisor.
Current NY or NJ state LPN licensure
At least 1+ years of experience preferably in a hospital setting.
- Coordinates utilization reviews of managed care contracts using established guidelines and processes. Ensures all clinical operations comply w with Medicare and Medicaid guidelines and other managed care policies.
- Communicates with physicians, discharge planners and others to process referrals, authorization for services, and capture data related to utilization.
- Maintains managed care contracts and information databases and prepares reports.
- Maintains responsibilities within the scope of supportive & restorative care; medication administration and specialized tasks under the direction of a RN or physician
- Administration of treatments and routine tasks, duties, examinations, IV insertion, checking vital signs.
- Collects, labels, and processes specimens accurately
- Provides emotional support to patients & their families/significant others
- Reports pertinent observations, treatments, medications, incidents & accidents associated with patients, to the Registered Professional Nurse & records same on appropriate documents with the format of charting utilized in the unit
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay Rate: $40.00 – $42.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location